Indianapolis tennis clubs – Here’s the 4 best with membership costs
Plus, Look at the bottom of the page to discover how you can get a World champion tennis coach right here in Indianapolis
The tennis forehand is a type of groundstroke where the racket’s swing path goes across the player’s body with an open palm. The dominant hand maintains the forehand grip.
- For right-handed players, the racket’s swing path starts at the right side of the body, where the racket face makes a contact point with the ball. It goes across the torso and ends with a follow through over the left shoulder.
- For a left-handed forehand, reverse the racket’s swing path to go from the left side to the right shoulder.
The Secret to Improving Your Tennis
Clubs are the nestling space where talents are discovered and further bloomed. Indianapolis has various such clubs in its vicinity, some of which are:
1 - Devon Country Club
Photo Courtesy: https://www.facebook.com/Devon-Country-Club-117707781586960/photos/?ref=page_internal
Address: 4600 Millersville Road Indianapolis, IN 46220, United States.
Telephone Numbers: 317-546-8653
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (specifically for Tennis)
12:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Daily
Devon Country, located along the banks of fall creek is serving the community with its tranquility and scenic surroundings since more than five decades. The ambiances and amenities make it an ideal spot for practicing sports, having an enjoyable time along with taking a break from the hustles of everyday life.
- 5 outdoor, hard surfaced tennis courts
- Three of the courts are well lit, therefore ensuring a prolonged play time.
- It also facilitates its members with workshops and training sessions by professional tennis instructors
- Keeping in view the facilities of the club, USTA used the club vicinity to conduct many of its tournaments’
Other Services Offered
- Pool – For the water fanatics, a seven-circuit pool is available including dive board and different tide setup which provides an adventurous zest.
- Separate pool with required facilities is available for kids
- Sand volley ball courts to enhance the beach vibes
- Eateries- The club offers a range of eateries from fine dining to on-the-go snacks. Grilling stations with aesthetic sitting areas are also available.
Fees and Dues
The general membership dues of the club range from $195 to $595; depending on the number of the members in the family. A special membership providing the facility of tennis only is also offered, the fee range is between $165 and $275, while the same membership for USTA members is from $75 to $110.
2 - West Indy Racquet Club
Photo Courtesy: https://www.westindyracquetclub.com/leagues-1
Address: 4458 Guion Road Indianapolis, IN 46254, United States.
Telephone Numbers: 317-291-4664
9:00 am – 9:00 pm: Weekdays (With mid break and Fri evenings are tournament only)
9:00 am – 3:00 pm: Weekend
WIRC is predominantly a club catering to tennis, owned by Brendon who considers the club as a reality of his biggest dream. It is a paradise for anyone who truly craves in to understand the game and consider it as a career choice. The club’s mission is to promote acceptance of diversity and talent within an empowered and healthy community.
- Six outdoor hard courts
- Six tennis courts with rooftops enabling play despite the weather conditions
- Workshops, clinics and trainings from accredited professionals
- Play-offs, tournaments and exposition matches are held
Other Facilities Offered
- The club and management focus on its core service only.
Fees and Dues
The membership fee varies depending on the age of the member. The general membership dues range from $143 to $524 per annum. The four month summer membership dues are $86 and $100, while the six month winter membership charges range from100 to $315.
3 - Carmel Racquet Club
Photo Courtesy: http://www.carmelracquetclub.com/tennis/
Address: 225 East Carmel Drive Carmel, IN 46032, United States.
Telephone Numbers: 317-844-1177
6:00 am – 10:00 pm: Daily (In winters the closing time is 9)
This private club aims to promote healthy activities amongst the community through sports. It provides the ambience and environment for people to unwind and socialize within the spectrum of activities which boost mental and physical well-being.
- Twelve indoor, temperature controlled hard courts, ensuring full year play negating the impact of weather.
- Six outdoor clay courts with well-regulated system to hydrate the surface
- Professional workshops, clinics and lessons
- Inter club tournaments and play-offs
- Shop catering to all your needs of tennis gears
Other Services Offered
- Gymnasium- A fitness room with up-to-date machinery catering to the needs of different work-outs.
- Child care with all the vital facilities to entertain the kids while the parents keep themselves fit.
- Indoor pool to entertain the water fanatics
- Pickle ball courts and tournaments for the members who like the combined sport
Fees and Dues
The club offers different membership fees ranging between $50 and $485, depending on the facilities, type of membership and the number of people. Corporate ranges of dues are from $203 to $388 depending on the quantity of employees in a group.
4 - The Riviera Club
Photo Courtesy: https://www.rivi.org/facilities/tennis-courts/
Address: 5640 North Illinois Street Indianapolis, IN 46208, United States.
Telephone Numbers: 317-255-5471
E-mail: email@example.com- firstname.lastname@example.org (For tennis)
5:30 am – 9:00 pm: Daily
Riviera club is a private club aiming to serve the community. From its initial days the club has witnessed trials and turbulence yet has stood the test of times, and continued to cater people with its frivolous activities and up to date amenities for decades. With the mission of getting together good humorous humans and serving them with the best, the club has done an exceptional performance.
- The club has eight hard surfaced, outdoor tennis courts
- The courts are made and maintained as per USTA guidelines
- These are available for first come first serve basis
- Tennis classes and workshops are further held to accentuate the member’s game.
Other Services Offered
- The club offers pickle ball courts for the enthusiastic player.
- Aquatic Zone- The outdoor water area comprises of water area equivalent to three Olympic pools, slides and 50 meter pool with a separate 25 yard lap area is available.
- Kids pool along with features to entertain and facilities for safety is offered
- Temperature controlled indoor pool with lap area are also available.
- Fine dining along with snack and refreshment bar are available to entertain the guests
- A gymnasium with state of the art gears for different workouts and fitness conscious members
- Rental spaces to further make your special events memorable are available
- Parks and playgrounds are spread across the vicinity for the members to enjoy nature
Fees and Dues
The membership fees vary depending on the members’ age. An initiation fee of $500 is mandatory. Monthly dues range between $41 and $109.
Beginners to Experts
Choose Your Tennis Coach and Get Your First Lesson Now
NCAA Men's Tennis Singles
NCAA Singles Winner, Davis Cup Team Member and World #378
#1 Canadian Player
Won 40 international tennis titles, a European Mixed Doubles crown, and ranked high in world ratings
Top 50 Singles Player
Winner of 7 ATP challenger titles. Member of the Davis Cup team. Played in all the Grand Slams
Coach of Venus Williams
Currently coaching Venus Williams and a hitting partner of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams and Venus Williams
Top player coach
Coached Melinda Czink, Magda Linette, Su-Wei Hsieh, Yifan Xu, Zarina Diyas and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
Junior World #1 Coach
Coach of 2 World Jnr #1 players - Clara Tauson and Holger Rune
Australian Tennis Coach
National performance coach of Australia and former national coach of the United States Tennis Association
Coach of World #5
Coach of Elina Svitolina (world #5) and former hitting partner of World #1 Ana Ivanovic
2x IFT Doubles Winner
World #819 Singles and #647 Doubles player, Winner of 2 IFT championships
22x ITF Title Winner
World 164 doubles player and 455 singles.
ITF Singles Winner
World Top 400 player. Winner of the ITF title
Sampras & Federer Coach
Coached Sampras to 9 Grand Slam Titles and Federer to 2 Straight ATP Championships.
Top 20 in Europe and #2 in Ireland. Played both Wimbledon and Roland Garros
World Title Winner
Winner of 3 ATP World Tour titles and 12 ATP Challenger Tour titles
Give the ultimate gift for any tennis fan. Let them get feedback on their play from World Champions.
Get Personal Tennis Lessons from Champions
The ultimate high quality tennis lessons at an affordable price. Improve your tennis by getting personalized feedback from the worlds best players and coaches in just 7 days. You’ll see how to hit every stroke like the pros. Soon you’ll be able to beat all your friends on the court!
It’s easy – Record yourself playing tennis (using your mobile) and select your coach. Within days they’ll personally show you how to fix your shots. It’s perfect for beginners and experts. Try it now.