San Jose tennis clubs – Here’s the 4 best with membership costs
Plus, Look at the bottom of the page to discover how you can get a World champion tennis coach right here in San Jose
The tennis forehand is a type of groundstroke where the racket’s swing path goes across the player’s body with an open palm. The dominant hand maintains the forehand grip.
- For right-handed players, the racket’s swing path starts at the right side of the body, where the racket face makes a contact point with the ball. It goes across the torso and ends with a follow through over the left shoulder.
- For a left-handed forehand, reverse the racket’s swing path to go from the left side to the right shoulder.
The Secret to Improving Your Tennis
A club is the ideal place for talent to nurture and grow. The atmosphere and amenities boost upcoming talent and prepares them for success ahead. San Jose has many such clubs. These include:
1 - Silver Creek Valley Country Club
Address: 5460 Country Club Parkway San Jose CA 95138, United States.
Telephone Numbers: 408-239-5888
Silver creek valley country club is an aesthetically appealing and serene location in San Jose. The club provides tranquil atmosphere for recreational and enjoyable activities. It is a great spot to increase your network of friends and socialize amongst like-minded fellows. The USP of the place is that it has the perfect combination of activities suitable for every individual in a family thus making the location a top priority of visit for all!
- 6 outdoor tennis courts- The hard surface courts are lighted for much longer and enjoyable matches.
- Ball machine to perfect strokes
- Hitting wall
Other Services Offered:
Along with providing great tennis courts, the club also offers:
- Golf- The club offers one of the most scenic golf courses spread over a huge area of almost 7000 yards. Designed and renovated by leading architects, the course not only tests the golfer abilities but it also provides exquisite natural views. The perfect placement of the course along the natural wetlands and wood lands is a treat for the players.
- Pools- A widespread water area is also available at the club. The aqua spot includes separate pools for children and adults, along with a distinct refreshment area for this spot only.
- Gym- The club offers one of the finest workout areas with up to date equipment for its members to avail and keep fit.
- Rental Space- The club offers rental space for special occasions and gathering. The extremely pleasant outdoor location beside a lakeside is an ideal venue for intimate ceremonies.
The picturesque back drops will enhance the mood of the guests. An indoor area is also available to cater the needs of the guests, while the dining is provided by top chefs.
Fees and Dues
The membership fee and monthly rates vary depending on the type of membership you want to enter. Each category offers a different set of amenities that can be used by the member. Therefore you should buy the package as per your need. The member fee range is $500 to $25000, while the monthly dues are from $130 to $1105.
2 - Bay Club-Bay Club Courtside
Address: 14675 S Winchester BoulevardLos Gatos, CA 95032, United States.
Telephone Numbers: 408-395-7111
6:00 am – 9:00 pm: Week days
6:00 am – 8:00 pm: Week end
Bay Club is an accredited chain of clubs with appeasing structures and state of the art amenities. The club provides comforting atmosphere and peaceful environment for its members to practice and enjoy their favorite hobbies within innocuous and secure vicinity.
- 15 Outdoor adequately lighted courts
- 3 courts with roof top-in use throughout the year
- Fitness center and Work out Areas
- Child Care and Kids recreational activities
- Cycling area
- Fine Dining
Fees and Dues
The membership fee ranges from $335 to $1100 depending on the number of people and the category- Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum and Gold- chosen. Each category offers different sets of amenities which can be availed.
3 - San Jose Swim and Racquet Club
Address: 1200 WunderlichDr, San Jose, CA 95129 United States
6:00 am – 10:00 pm: Monday – Thursday
6:00 am – 8:00 pm: Friday – Sunday
SJSRC is a privately operated club, sprawled over almost 3.5 acres of land fertile oasis land lying between Rose Garden and Willow Glenn. The club has been offering recreational facilities for its members for the past 6 decades; and continues to provide great service to relax and enjoy in an economical range of fee.
- The club has 7 outdoor tennis courts
- Six of these courts are lighted thus providing a more enjoyable playing experience with timings stretching over till night.
- Hitting wall and ball machine
- The surveillance of the courts is done through a webcam; the users can check the conditions of play and availability of the courts through live coverage.
- Fitness Centre- A gym with up to date equipment for different workout routines
- Aquatics- A pool with separate area for kids swimming, lap area and diving board
- Bocce Ball- 2 outdoor courts for inter-family or inter member fun filled games.
- Picnic Areas
- Basketball courts
- Free Wi-Fi
Fees and Dues
The fees, dues and facilities permitted to avail depend on the kind of membership you want to avail. The initiation fee can range to a maximum cap of more than $500 while the monthly dues can reach to $200. Further details are decided and revealed on case to case basis.
4 - Almaden Valley Athletic Club
Address: 5400 Camden Ave Kooser Road San Jose, CA 95124, United States.
Telephone Numbers: 408-445-4900
5:00 am – 9:00 pm: Week days
6:30 am – 8:00 pm: Week end
Almaden Valley Club has a USP of being an economical club with all the up to date amenities for its members. The club has developed and maintained its good will for providing a friendly environment for relaxation and recreational activities to its members for the past 25 years.
- 11 outdoor hard surface courts
- Fitness Center
- Pickle ball courts
Fees and Dues
The membership fee starts from $350 and moves on uncapped depending on the number of people and the usage and frequency with which the amenities are used. Membership details are to be sought from the contact details provided.
Beginners to Experts
Choose Your Tennis Coach and Get Your First Lesson Now
NCAA Men's Tennis Singles
NCAA Singles Winner, Davis Cup Team Member and World #378
#1 Canadian Player
Won 40 international tennis titles, a European Mixed Doubles crown, and ranked high in world ratings
Top 50 Singles Player
Winner of 7 ATP challenger titles. Member of the Davis Cup team. Played in all the Grand Slams
Coach of Venus Williams
Currently coaching Venus Williams and a hitting partner of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams and Venus Williams
Top player coach
Coached Melinda Czink, Magda Linette, Su-Wei Hsieh, Yifan Xu, Zarina Diyas and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
Junior World #1 Coach
Coach of 2 World Jnr #1 players - Clara Tauson and Holger Rune
Australian Tennis Coach
National performance coach of Australia and former national coach of the United States Tennis Association
Coach of World #5
Coach of Elina Svitolina (world #5) and former hitting partner of World #1 Ana Ivanovic
2x IFT Doubles Winner
World #819 Singles and #647 Doubles player, Winner of 2 IFT championships
22x ITF Title Winner
World 164 doubles player and 455 singles.
ITF Singles Winner
World Top 400 player. Winner of the ITF title
Sampras & Federer Coach
Coached Sampras to 9 Grand Slam Titles and Federer to 2 Straight ATP Championships.
Top 20 in Europe and #2 in Ireland. Played both Wimbledon and Roland Garros
World Title Winner
Winner of 3 ATP World Tour titles and 12 ATP Challenger Tour titles
Give the ultimate gift for any tennis fan. Let them get feedback on their play from World Champions.
Get Personal Tennis Lessons from Champions
The ultimate high quality tennis lessons at an affordable price. Improve your tennis by getting personalized feedback from the worlds best players and coaches in just 7 days. You’ll see how to hit every stroke like the pros. Soon you’ll be able to beat all your friends on the court!
It’s easy – Record yourself playing tennis (using your mobile) and select your coach. Within days they’ll personally show you how to fix your shots. It’s perfect for beginners and experts. Try it now.